
For Real? Seriously? Really?
Yes! Last night, Georgie kept waking up crying...her throat. Thursday morning, while getting ready for school...G says to me: Mommy?
Me: Yes, Baby?
G: When my yawn, my neck hurt.
Me: ~~~cringing!!!!~~~ OK, Baby.
a few moments later, G says: Mommy?
Me: Yes, Baby?
G: When my swallow, my neck hurts.
Me: ~~~~screaming NO!!! in my head~~~~ OK, Baby. I'll get your "bubble gum" medicine. (ibuprofen).
Now, mind you...I'm already dealing w/ my own sore throat. So, I know she's got to be telling me the truth. G just doesn't make up illnesses either. When she's sick, she's sick...So, the girls go to school and I go to work...no calls from school! Yeah!
Pick them up and G mentioned her neck still hurt...more ibuprofen when we got home. She hardly ate dinner. Then during the night, she proceeds to wake MULTIPLE TIMES crying about her throat. It's now 3am...I'm taking her to the pedi in the morning.
Call at 0800 and we get an 0930 appt! How wonderful!!! We get there and we didn't have to wait HOURS like normal too...SWEET! They do a throat swab and about choke my Baby...and it comes back POSITIVE FOR STREP!!!!
My head: NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ask the pedi- that means my sore throat is most likely strep too??? Pedi said: Most likely. So, then I take us to my doc (open 8-8, no appt needed! Isn't THAT sweet?!?!) and we get seen pretty quick again. He asks me if I have a headache. No. Do I have a fever? Actually, I'm starting one now cause I'm getting the chills now. What about body aches? OH YEAH! All over! He said since G was just diagnosed with strep that he's going to treat me for strep too.
We drop off the scripts and it'll take an hour...so I take us home and take some ibuprofen myself and crawl into bed...G's fine! She's watching cartoons next to me and I'm WHINING, GROANING AND NEAR IN TEARS...can't stay still, wrapped in 2 blankets and begging for MERCY!!! Finally I pass out after 30 mins...and then in another 30 mins, something made G ask me a question...CRAP, it's time to go get the meds...I go to McD to get G some food- she wanted fries and a chocolate shake- FINE! I then manage to get us to the drive thru of the pharmacy...we get home and I dose us both...
Again...G is fine! She's PLAYING!!!! WTF!?!? HOW?!?!? SERIOUSLY, she's PLAYING!!!!
I'm back in bed and I'm whining, rolling and groaning in PAIN...
It's now almost time to get Maddie from school...I'm feeling OK...not fine, not well, but OK. I can pick up my other child. G will stay in the car so I can get Mad...I did call the school and let them know G has strep and to let her teacher know. The secretary wasn't too pleased...Ha! Neither was I!
So, I'm breaking my fever AGAIN as I type...Please, Strep, take mercy on me!!!! PLEASE!!!!
***Oh yeah, so I call my Dad (who's off today) as we leave the pedi office cause he wanted us to come over tonight...and he told me NO! He didn't even think about it! He said: Definitely NOT! (multiple times)...what kind of grandfather daoesn't want to see his grandchildren??? Doesn't want to help care for his own child??? Harumph.







2 comments:
Oh poor Robin....I hope you feel better through the weekend as the antibiotics kick in.
Yikes!!!! The one time that I had strep throat years ago, I found that ibuprofen kicked its butt as far as killing the pain. The bad part was that the second it wore off, the pain was excruciating, would wake me up from a sound sleep. But within 30 minutes of taking it I was not feeling any pain. Take ibuprofen and lots of it.
Post a Comment