9/6/09

On the mend...



OK...I'm really sick and tired of getting sick from the kids! Georgie came home early on Monday because of a tummy ache...and the school said they'd already sent home 6 kids that day for vomiting. G didn't vomit...but that's not the point. These kids of mine are freakin PETRI DISHES!!!!

Whatever they get exposed to, they like to bring home to me...now, mind you, until I got Georgie, I thought my immune system was a rockin' awesome one! I worked in a hospital and an ICU to boot! So, if anyone was gonna be exposed to a "wealth" of ewwwy, gross bugs...it was gonna be ME!

Then, I met Georgie...and sent her to...D A Y C A R E...you know what happened then! I got sick every single blessed month from her! So did she...but then again, I expected HER to get sick...NOT ME!

So, my lovely 1st child (and the youngest) did me in again this lovely Labor Day weekend. I've NEVER had a sinus infection hit me so HARD & FAST as this one...normally, I get a few days of feeling puny and having some aches...but this one HIT ME ON THURSDAY WITHOUT HAVING ANY MERCY! I was supposed to take the girls to see Kelly, Scott & Syd in AR...but on Friday morning, I texted Kel and said it wasn't gonna happen. Thursday, I started getting the chills and my teeth started hurting...that's when I knew it was my sinuses...I want to pull every blessed tooth out of my head when I get sinus infections!

On Thurs, as I was getting worse, I begged and pleaded for Augmentin...I got it...went to get it and started it immediately after picking up the girls from school...and then it only got worse...luckily, I was already scheduled off on Friday- so I took the girls to school and CRAWLED back into bed...I slept Friday away! I slept most of Saturday away too. I felt bad for the girls so I took them to see Ponyo (a good movie!) cause I knew I could just sit and sleep if needed. The girls were GLUED to the movie and so was I. Ugh. I didn't sleep. The movie was that good!

Went home and slept more tho! Sun...I almost feel like a human again! Seriously! The Augmentin is working...and the sleeping...and the nyquil...and the tons of hot tea w/ RAW honey...I don't care!!! Something helped!!!

So...this post is to say I'm still alive. And luckily, I have 1 more day to recuperate before I have to go to work again on Tues. So, I guess if I had to get sick, this was the time to get sick...but dag nabbit...these kids of mine are gonna be the death of me too!!!!! Ugh.

2 comments:

~ Alison said...

I was sick too last week - funny, the Augmentin they gave me made me SO ill I wound up back at the doctor's office - they switched it for another antibiotic.

Hope you're feeling better. & thanks for sharing your link =)

Sharon said...

UGH. Glad you are better now. That was harsh!