9/4/09

Neurodevelopmental therapy info

I've had a few people ask me about what is it and where can they get more info...the company I'm using is Little Giant Steps: http://www.littlegiantsteps.com/index.php

and the video that I'm referring to is: http://www.littlegiantsteps.com/xcart/product.php?productid=1130&cat=68&page=7

I've loaned this video to Maddie's teacher and she said she wanted to watch it. If I can get her on board w/ the program then Maddie will have an even better chance of success.

Now, don't get me wrong...I'm far from a perfect parent. There are days where I've reached the end of my rope with Maddie's problem. What problem? Her inability to make decisions or TRY. Her inability to want to learn. Her blank outs. Her escaping into some dark place in her mind that leaves her with her mouth open and the "lights" OUT in her brain...no focus in her eyes. Like I previously posted (I think)- her "stupid switch" gets turned on. This is INFURIATING because when doing homework, sometimes you can see it right there and her wanting to say SOMETHING...and then POOF! Gone. And no matter how much you try to convince her it's ok to be wrong and JUST TRY...nothing happens. NOTHING. AT. ALL.

Why am I being so honest on this blog??? Well, because too many people are not...they only post the wonderful things and there are people out there that are going thru what I'm going thru and if no one said anything, then there would be no help. I am an open book and sometimes I happen to blab the right thing to the right person and then a miracle happens! Someone else is in the same boat as me! I AM NOT ALONE.

Just like when I first brought Georgie home, I suffered from post-adoption depression. I didn't have a clue what was wrong with me...but I talked to people about how I felt or lack of feelings...and to find out that I was not alone again! I think it's a crying shame that ALL adoptive parents are not aware of this. Social workers should make it a requirement to talk to prospective families to at least give them a warning that it can happen and there are lots of resources to help.

If someone wants to contact me directly, my email is: RobynL20@yahoo.com

If I can help even one person know that he/she is not alone and there is help available, then this post has done it's job.

I am not interested in a debate or people leaving negative comments about what I have gone thru. Please know upfront that I expect courtesy and kindness. The vast majority of people that read my blog, I do not know on a personal basis.

Thank you for your cooperation and kindness in regards to this post!
Robyn

No comments: