OK...it's my FIRST spring break with kids in school...so, me being the NEWBIE spring break momma...had this brilliant idea...I was going to take the girls to the ZOO...
yeah, we get there about 11am and the cars are lined out of the zoo and past the stop light that you turn left to head into the zoo!!! and passed the McDonald's 1 block BEFORE the light to turn left into the zoo...ya get the picture! After waiting over 20 mins to even attempt to turn into the OVERFLOW PARKING at Remington park for the zoo, I tell the girls that we're going to a park to play and we'll go see Bolt again at the movies (it's at the $1 theater!!!)...so we head to a park and it's more a kiddie/toddler park...but it's the one I used to take G...BEFORE Maddie...well, I drive up and look at how little is really there...OK girls, let's go to the park by the dance school (this one is a BIG park)....and off we go...
We get to Dolese Park and it's loaded w/ kids...which is why I didn't want to go in the 1st place...cause some of the older kids tend to run over the younger ones...and my girls are way too polite to shove back or bully their way to the part of the big toy they want to play at...Guess my girls have MANNERS!!!!
So, after 30 mins of playing, Georgie comes running up to me and loudly states that she's done playing and she wants to see the movie...mind you this is the kid that LOVES LOVES LOVES playing outside...Maddie agrees...and off we go again...now we arrive at the theater w/ 15 mins to spare...
WHAT WAS I THINKING!?!?!? 15 mins to spare?!?!? ON SPRING BREAK!!!! Ya get the picture. We get in this monster line w/ other parents/grandparents and LOTS of kids...some well behaved...some not so well behaved...mine BEHAVED very nicely, thank you!
Well, we're about 30 ft from the ticket window and a worker comes out to announce: "Bolt's sold out!" Well, freaking great! Grrrrr...so off we go to have lunch...and then Maddie says she wants a corndog...a what!?! A CORNDOG...well, hell...I have a whole box of corndogs at home in the freezer...and G's not hungry cause she ate a banana and some crunch & munch...so, I say we're going HOME to eat lunch. Save some money. Other than all that driving around town...Grrrrr...
The things we do for our kids...guess I love those nasty boogers afterall...Grrrr....
2 days down...HOW MANY LEFT TO GO!?!?!?!?!? Will I survive it???? Someone tell me! Someone SAVE me...these spring break parents are SCARY!!!!!
Ugh to infinity!
5 years ago







2 comments:
Aw man....we're planning a trip to the zoo over Spring Break........
Fortunately, it's in a different county, so maybe they will have a different spring break. I'm crossing my fingers.........(& will maybe check on the Internet). Thanks for the heads up.
Hoping today is better......
This sounds just like a day that would happen to me...only your kids handle it MUCH better. If our plans change, it's the end of the world. We always fear telling them what the weekend plans are just in case something happens and they change!
Post a Comment