I ended up shoveling snow for THREE HOURS!!!! As my Dad used to say about his work (and now I can say about my work): "I'm paid for my mind!" I can't remember the last time I spent so long doing something so physical...I shoveled my drive by myself for an hour...when I reached the street, my neighbor came out and helped me for another hour and then another neighbor came out for the last hour!
Georgie was so funny...she kept asking why our neighbors were helping me...and I had to explain that's what good neighbors do...we help each other when we need to. If you see someone that needs help, you help them if you can.
So, I finally made it out of the house today...2.5 days in the house...I had cabin fever BAD!!!! It's one thing to stay home cause you want to and it's another thing when you can't leave the house because you better not! We were down to our last cup of milk and it was a PERFECT EXCUSE to get out. But, where do I live??? Oh yeah! The bottom of a hill on a dead end street! So, all the drifting snow landed where?!?! Yeppers, in front of my drive!
Made it to the main streets and there were abandoned cars EVERYWHERE! Even a city bus!!!!
Oh...I even broke up a verbal fight before it got physical...2 bonehead men almost had a head on in a parking lot I was in...we were all helping each other push the stuck cars...they were blocking my van...so I didn't have a choice...and when we got the 1st one unstuck, I turned around to see the 2 men getting closer & closer and yelling at each other...others were just watching. Well, that's just not my style. I walked up and yelled at both of them: DUDES! Knock it off! It's a bad situation for everyone...they started telling me it was the other's fault...I chimed in: I don't care who's fault it is. There is no lane...LOOK! There's NO LANE! Now come on and just someone move.
Then as I was walking away, 1 guy yelled the F word as he was walking away too...
Me: WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE!
man: I didn't say anything!
Me: I heard you say the F word...so watch it!!!!
Man: ~walked away quietly~
My kids were in the van the entire time...I wasn't going to let them get hurt. But there were other people all around...men, women and children of all ages...no need to talk like that.
So, that was my Christmas...How was yours?!?!?!
Glad I'm Jewish...My Hanukkah was soooooo much better!!!!! I'm off to take some pain meds...my butt, back, shoulders, forearms and fingers HURT!!!! My toes, not so much. Maybe they're still numb...LOL...
I'll post snow pics later on...
Love to all...Ciao!
5 years ago







1 comment:
That's crazy! You never let me down with your good stories ; )
Post a Comment