OK...my NSN child is my SICK child...all the freaking time! My SN child is NEVER SICK. Go figure. I've heard people say on other blogs that their SN kids are their healthiest ones too. Well, it sure is true for me!!!!
Here's the sequence of events:
1. Wed...get a call from school...Georgie's got an earache. Please pick up early. FINE!!!! So, when I get her, she says it hurts when she puts her finger in her ear...WELL DON'T PUT YOUR FINGER IN YOUR EAR!!!!
2. Thurs- she's fine...send her to school...I take Maddie to the ND in TX. Mom picks up G and cares for her after school. Even gave her a bath for me...Thanks Mom!!!!
3. Fri- get a call from school nurse that G's having a bad asthma attack...tell her that her neb is in her backpack. They give her a neb and she calls me back to tell me she's doing fine now and I must send her neb w/ her every day. Well, it was WINDY that day and they let her play outside. Yeppers, WIND & COLD are her triggers too. OK... they aren't used to the change of weather attacks yet...the Y was very used to them! A storm rolled in Friday night...G's my "baby barometer" and she's ALWAYS right.
4. Sat- continue nebs thru out the day...but all is good.
5. Sun- she's hot all day but the thermometr battery is dead...so I just alternate m0trin & tylen0l every 4 hrs. Continue nebs and she still needs her nebs...except now she's also having chest retractions. So, I also get her steroid neb. Good thing I'm a nurse...or I'd be driving her pedi crazy!
6. Mon- EARLY am...ok...0300...more wheezing and retractions in her sleep...more steroids & albuterol...not even 12 hrs since her last steroid...but she needs it. More m0trin cause she's still hot (101.4)...it's 510 and I wake up to another freaking bloody nose...seriously! I'm soooo tired of these stinking bloody noses!!!! I plug it up and then check G's temp...104.4*!!!! NO WAY!!!! I was going to have my Dad watch her so I could go to work...but w/ a temp of 104.4, I just couldn't do that to him. He gets sick every time G is and he's around her. He's 62 and Mom's 67...they can only get sick so many times...ya know, they are OLD...and it's harder for them to get better...hehehe...said w/ LOVE, Dad...hehehe.
So, here I am, w/ a sick kid, I've got a temp of 100.4 myself. My right eye is sore in the corner...like a sty but I can't see it...I can feel it every time I blink tho! Kids...freaking PETRI DISHES!!!! That's all they are! Germ factories!!!!! They don't listen (only when they want to....but you know they heard you!)...suck your bank accounts dry...fray your last nerve...get you sicker than you have ever been in your life...and then give you the sweetest hugs & kisses to make you forget how ROTTEN they truly are!!!!
Kids. Harumph.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
So, the story continues...I took Georgie to the pedi today...the crazy high temps bothered me...the fact that I couldn't get them down even tho I was alternating the m0trin and tylen0l was concerning. The pedi did a CBC- normal; urinalysis- normal, flu swab- negative. Georgie's O2 sat was only 94% even tho she had a breathing treatment 1 hr before...that concerned us...and she has that chunky cough- but not coughing anything up. The pedi sent us for a chest xray. I had Georgie practice holding her breath for the "lung picture." The people in the lobby were smiling cause G was such a HAM! She was a champ too when we got in there. She's so short, they made her stand on a stool...and she touched EVERYTHING...trying to figure out what it was supposed to do...so I'm next to her (to make sure she doesn't fall off)...and holding her still and reminding her to suck in the air and HOLD it...and trying to keep her from laughing and squirming...yeah, she did a great job...
Then as we're heading on home, I swear we were only about 10 mins from the pedi office, I get a call from the nurse...Georgie's got right middle lobe PNEUMONIA!!!!! OK...the 1st thing that goes thru my head: WTF!?!?!?
Well, all this asthma crap this weekend was just precursor to her big diagnosis...pneumonia. She's 5.10 yrs old...and already has pneumonia. Sheesh...is this what I have to look forward to from now on?!?!? Every time I hear a chunky cough, I'll be thinking pneumonia again...thank goodness for the nebulizer!!!! So, she got her 1st dose of antibiotics this evening, I'm to continue the nebs, start chest percussions (pound on her back to loosen up the gunk) and continue with the m0trin/tynen0l to keep the fevers down.
The joys of motherhood...and will any of these kids appreciate what we go thru to help them survive to adulthood and repeat the process for themselves???? NO!!!!! No, they won't.
*On a side note...the nurse saw a "scratch" on G's neck...my baby girl also has eczema to boot...so I told the nurse what it was. The kid has a lot of health issues...and she's my NSN child...HaHaHaHaHaHa....
5 years ago







2 comments:
Gene's home with a sore throat today, but by the way he has been acting he should have went to school! I hope G is better soon. Do you know what the heck it is? Viral? Bacterial?
wow, pnemonia! Poor G and poor Mom! Hope this clears up really fast!
Post a Comment