7/1/09

It's a BOY!!!!!



This is Arlo...he's a "mutt" that I adopted from a local shelter. He's 8 weeks old and I was told he's a ChiChi (Chihuahua) but look at his most adorable face...Do YOU see ChiChi in him??? No? Me neither!

He's such a SWEET little boy...and my junkyard cat- Weasley- and Arlo like to play with each other. Really! I'm not kidding! Arlo chases Weasley and Weasley eggs him on! The other 3 cats (yes, I have 4 cats and now 1 pup...and 2 kids...and no hubby, Ha!)...I digressed, the other 3 cats could care less about Arlo. I'm sure he'll win them over too...one day...

He's asleep on my shoulder/chest right now...kinda hard typing in a semi-reclined position! But he's a baby and sleeping, what am I supposed to do?!?!?

I think he's almost housetrained too. He had 1 minor piddle...but he whines when he needs to go out. Good Boy! Verra Good Boy! On our last visit outside, he got to meet the neighbors BIG dogs...well, I didn't know Arlo knew how to bark til then! He's got a deep voice for such a little guy...and as long as he was hiding behind my van, he was a big guard dog! Ha!!!

Then on the way back into the house, he got mixed in w/ my feet...you guessed it, I stepped on him and kicked him! Oy!!!! He screamed and ran off...ran straight for the house (good boy!) and SLAMMED INTO THE GLASS DOOR & BOUNCED OFF...and screamed some more! You'd have thought I was beating the poor boy! I finally got him and hugged him tight and kissed his little sad face over and over...Poor Baby!!!!

But I think he's forgiven me...cause he's SOUND ASLEEP on me now...Ahhhhh...it's so nice to have a dog in the house again...it's been 1.5 yrs...and it's felt so empty...yes, I have the 2 kids and 4 cats...but dogs make a house a home (in my eyes).

Oh...the girls...they are IN LOVE with Arlo too...who wouldn't be!?!?!?

Peace out!
R

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I'm in love with him too!

Deb - said...

oh my gosh, you got a dog? yay! and the little squirt tells you when he needs to go out? no fair LOL. Slinky is my little best friend but when he needs to go, you better know it through some dog whisperer mode or, oh well. Slinky loves cats, he can't wait til his cat friend Daisy (Sara's kitten) comes to visit him next weekend :) Arlo is a prince!